South Fulton Virtual Court
Click button below to complete plea sheet in advance of court. This will help to make your court date run smoother.
If you are having a hearing after agreeing to terms with the solicitor, enter a plea of GUILTY on the Plea form below.
Virtual Court in South Fulton is a result of COVID -19. This process is new for all of us. Please work with us as we learn together. We want to keep you safe during this pandemic.
Access virtual court here: www.COSFVirtualCourt.com
I GOT A CITATION HOW DO I GET TO COURT?
The link to enter the virtual court room on your court date is located at www.COSFVirtualCourt.com. Select the date and time for your virtual hearing to enter the courtroom. Follow the on screen instructions.
THE SOLICITOR SCHEDULED ME FOR A VIRTUAL HEARING, NOW WHAT?
You will receive an email from the Clerk of Court where you will be scheduled for your hearing. The Clerk of Court determines the day and time of the hearing and is responsible for giving you the notice for that date and time. Please wait until you hear from the Clerk with further instructions. You can complete the Electronic Plea Sheet to help your virtual court date run smoother.
WHAT HAPPENS IN VIRTUAL COURT?
You do all the same things in virtual court as you do in regular court.
1. You wait to be let into the courtroom by staff.
2. You sit quietly while other cases are being heard or court business is being conducted.
3. When your case is called you will receive instructions from the court or Judge.
4. You will address your case and then will be released from appearing.
HOW DO I ACCESS VIRTUAL COURT?
You will be provided a ZOOM link to appear in virtual court. The Clerk of Court will provide the link to you via email. Additional information about regular court appearances can be found on the City of South Fulton website.
For questions about receiving the zoom link please contact the Clerk of Court at CourtClerk@CityofSouthFultonGa.gov
If you have not used the ZOOM app before, you can use it from any smart phone, laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. Please watch this video for basic ZOOM Instructions.
Download the ZOOM app to your device prior to court. It only takes a few moments and it is free. Make sure you can access Zoom prior to your court date.
ETIQUETTE FOR VIRTUAL COURT
The rules are the same as general court but in addition remember:
1. Your camera must be on so that the court can see you. Make sure you are dressed appropriately. No hats or headscarves, low cut shirts, pajamas, etc.
2. No moving around during court, no eating, reading, use of cellphone, or other disruptive activity. If it is not your turn and you need to move around, cut off your camera for a moment and turn it back on when you are settled. Just like court, your case may be skipped if you are not "present" and visible for the court when it is your turn.
3. The hearing is recorded and others not in the courtroom may be able to view the proceedings.
WHAT TYPES OF HEARINGS ARE VIRTUAL?
- Plea & Arraignment
- Motion Hearing
- Trial Calendar
- Code Enforcement Calendar
For other general court rules and procedures go here.